GABRIELLE’S Light Up The World Mentoring
SCHOLARSHIP FUND GUIDELINES
Werthing Foundation’s established Gabrielle’s Light Up the World Scholarship in honor of Mentor Gabrielle Lamiah Reynolds (11/22/1989 – 02/12/2020).
The scholarship honors the life of Gabrielle’s Love, Life and Light! This scholarship will help bridge the gap of under-resourced young women of color for academic support, professional development and scholarship.
When rising leaders are empowered, confident and self-sufficient, they become high achievers and positively impact the lives of everyone in their family and community.
Scholarship is Open to:
Young women of color that meet at least one of the four criteria below and attends four of the six leadership and development sessions presented by Light Up the World Mentoring program:
- Graduating senior from Skyline High School, Dallas, TX
- Currently enrolled at Tennessee State University
- Member of St. Luke “Community” United Methodist Church, Dallas, TX
- Enrolled or currently attending an accredited college or university
- Completed Application
- Academic Letter of Reference
- Community Letter of Reference – Church, Employee, Volunteer Director, etc.
- Acceptance Letter or Proof of Enrollment from College or University
- Official Transcript (if available)
- Essay – 250 words double spaced addressing the following topic: “What Will It Take for Me to Become an Empowered Leader and High Achiever?”